Back Pain Overview in Frisco, TX
Ready to get started?Contact Us
Treating Your Discomfort
At Lewis Pain & Physical Medicine, we understand that our bodies are intricate and complex machines and any number of things can affect their ability to function and overall quality of life. If you suffer from acute or chronic back pain in your lower mid regions, then you may benefit from one of our unique treatments ranging from nonsurgical biologic injections to diagnostic testing.
We’re turning back the clock and restoring the health of injured tissue, with the ultimate goal of reducing and eliminating the need for medications and long-term treatment plans. Let’s talk about what’s limiting you from your full potential and create a specific back pain treatment plan to get you back to the activities you love.
Contact us today for more information on our Frisco back pain management services.
Types of Frisco Back Pain Management Services
Back pain has several different causes and is treated differently depending on the origin, type, intensity, and location of the pain.
Our back pain procedures in Frisco, TX include:
- Discograms - A discogram is a diagnostic test that is used to determine if an injured or degenerative disc may be causing severe, uncomfortable back pain.
- Epidural Steroid Injections - Epidural steroid injections can be used to treat several spinal conditions or injuries that are causing severe back pain by allowing healing.
- Rhizotomy - A rhizotomy procedure can be used as a form of treatment for pain in the facet joints.
- Radiofrequency Ablation - Radiofrequency ablation is a procedure in which a microelectrode is used to heat and destroy the nerve that is associated with chronic pain.
- Facet & Medical Branch Block - A medial branch block is performed as both a diagnostic and treatment procedure for patients with neck and back pain associated with the facet joints.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation - Spinal cord stimulation is a procedure in which a device is used to send electrical pulses that can mask pain signals that are sent to the brain.
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections - These are used to diagnose and treat sacroiliac joint dysfunction, which causes significant back pain and inflammation.
- Kyphoplasty - This procedure is performed to eradicate the pain associated with spinal compression fractures, while also stabilizing the vertebra.
What Causes Back Pain?
Pain in your spine can come from conditions and irritations, along with other potential factors such as internal organ dysfunctions like those around the pelvic and abdominal region, trauma that has affected the area, and even sources that are non-spinal in nature.
Common causes of back pain may involve:
- Nerve Compression & Spinal Cord Issues - Spinal nerve irritation, inflammation, and injury to the nerve as well as compression or bulging out of the intervertebral discs can instigate your lumbar spine problems. Sciatic symptoms, spinal stenosis, osteoporosis, spondylolisthesis, and cauda equina syndrome are other spinal cord conditions that can contribute to back pain.
- Injuries and Trauma - Traumatic injury from instances such as accidental falls, car accidents, and sports injuries can injure muscles and other soft tissues in the specific regions and even cause the spine to compress and potentially herniate or rupture your spinal discs. Ligaments that have torn or have become overstretched (sprains), overstretching and tearing of the tendons and muscle tissues (strains), and abrupt contractions of your muscular tissues (muscle spasms) may all be reasons why you are experiencing pain.
- Non-Spine Related Sources - Some causes and sources that don’t relate to any spine problems directly include back pain from pregnancy, kidney stones, tumors, and surrounding back muscles that generally cause pain on either one of your lower back sides, fibromyalgia that chronically spreads fatigue and muscle pain to adjacent areas, and tumors that damage and destroy regions around the spinal cord, its nerves, and surrounding back muscles.
If you're suffering from back pain in Frisco, TX, schedule a consultation with us online to discuss the most effective, least invasive solution possible.
Lewis Pain & Physical Medicine Reviews
I have seen Dr. Lewis for years for back and neck pain. Dr. Lewis and his staff are very caring and attentive when it comes to patient care. Each member of his staff is friendly and professional. I would highly recommend going to Dr. Lewis for pain management.
Dr. Corey is the BEST! I was experiencing really bad lower back pain when I visited Dr. Corey and she quickly identified the problem, put me on a treatment plan, and now my back hasn’t felt better! I highly recommend her care!
I recently had a new procedure called Vertiflex, where small 'spacers' are placed between the veribrae. I'm the first to receive this procedure at Dr. Lewis' office and it is amazing how much relief I've gotten. After struggling with Lumbar back pain for years, I can say there is an amazing difference. I highly suggest your seeing Dr. Lewis and his office staff.
I was referred to Dr. Lewis to help with back pain. He was able to mitigate the pain and get my life back to almost normal in two weeks. He adjusted the treatment at the third session to move the location up my spine to address additional pain that was hidden due to the intensity of the pain before. He is a no nonsense doctor who performs the procedures quickly and accurately. He was great and I am so happy I was referred to him to help with the pain I was having. I would recommend him to anyone looking for help with pain management.
I have been seeing Dr. Lewis for a long time now. I’m quite happy with the services and relief he provides for me with my back pain. When I finally found out what was wrong with me and that it was not in my head. I was seeing another doctor, who I will not name, that made me feel stupid and ridiculous even though the surgeon he was associated with was great. I did not know a lot about my options. On my first visit with Dr. Lewis and his staff they never made me feel that my pain was not real. They were great about explaining my options and procedures and what to expect. They were there to help me. Dr. Lewis also made some adjustments that I feel are working well for me. Thank you to Dr. Lewis and his staff.